The mattress is the most used piece of furniture in the household. In fact, one third of your entire life is spent lying on one. All health care professionals advocate that adults require around 8 hours of high quality sleep per night to maintain our wellbeing.
Many people underestimate the value of high quality sleep for their wellbeing. Rest & recuperation is simply more important now, compared to the past. Our daily work demands are increasing dramatically. Whether your energy is used for the employer, the kids or both; we are all working longer, more intense hours. By the end of the day, we feel fatigued. The correct mattress will assist in replenishing this lost energy.
Health care providers are bombarded daily with patients suffering from spinal injuries because of their usage of an inappropriate mattress. Poor posture cumulatively develops due to insufficient spinal support when sleeping. Those initial aches and pains, if not attended to early, will eventuate into permanent spinal degenerative change, in the years to come.
When do you need to replace your mattress? Checklist.
- Are you finding it difficult to fall asleep?
- Do you toss & turn at night?
- Are you waking in the morning tired?
- Can you regularly sleep 8 hours per night uninterrupted?
- Is the mattress 10 years & older?
- Does the mattress support your spine properly, or is it sagging?
- Does your mattress cause low back, neck or shoulder pain & stiffness when sleeping?
There are a number of health benefits when purchasing a new mattress:
- Improved sleep quantity & quality
- Better recuperation leads to improved energy
- Better spinal & body support means reduced aches, pains and stiffness
- Preservation of body posture and alignment
- Better hygiene
- Improved immune health & wellbeing
- Overall, a better night’s sleep
Consider buying the best mattress possible, as this is an investment in your health!