Furniture For Backs Mattress/Base Warranty & Care
LENGTH OF WARRANTY
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your mattress and continues according to the period found on the law tag. The law tag is sewn into the border of your mattress and foundation and must not be removed. Warranty is immediately void if removed. Warranty periods range from 5 to 10 years.
THE WARRANTY PROCESS
Your mattress should provide many years of comfort, rest and recuperation. In the unlikely event that your mattress does exhibit signs of defective workmanship or materials, please contact Furniture For Backs customer service within the first 5 days of noticing the fault.
The warranty covers defective workmanship and materials. It does not cover damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear or improper use of your quality mattress.
Furniture For Backs will repair or replace at their discretion, (without charge to the original purchaser), any manufacturing fault, as defined in this warranty. If identical materials are no longer available, Furniture For Backs reserves the right to substitute materials of equal or higher quality when necessary.
Transport charges may be applicable. As a part of the warranty process, Furniture For Backs will meet transportation costs during the first 12 months of purchase. After the first year, transportation charges will be met by the purchaser. In no case will any transportation charge be accepted without prior approval from Furniture For Backs.
An inspection fee exists and is presently at $70 (but may vary according to when a claim is made) and is non-refundable in the event that a warranty claim is unsuccessful. If the warranty claim is successful, as deemed by Furniture For Backs, then this $70 inspection fee is used to offset the transportation costs.
Before contacting Furniture For Backs please be aware of the following:
- Under workplace legal regulations, bedding stores and manufacturers are not permitted to handle products in an unsanitary condition. We advise that you use a mattress protector to avoid soiling. This is important if you wish your guarantee to remain valid.
Proof of Purchase
- It is essential that you retain your receipt; otherwise the warranty is rendered invalid.
At Furniture For Backs we take pride in our product quality and hope that you will look after your investment. To receive the best possible performance from your mattress, please read the following Conditions and Care Instructions prior to use.
Our Warranty Covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear:
Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
Coils or wires that protrude or tear through any fabric.
Foundation (Base) 1 Year Warranty
- Splitting occurring in wooden frame.
- Loose or broken foundation wire.
- Compression of module.
- Leg and or caster failure.
Our Warranty Does Not Cover
Soiled Mattress Covers
This includes stains, soiling or burns.
Normal wear and tear
Your mattress is designed to provide support and comfort. Body indentations are a normal occurrence and indicate that the upholstery layers of the mattress are performing as they should. This warranty does not cover body indentations (less than 35mm).
Handles should only be used to position the mattress on its foundation and may pull out if used to support the full weight of the mattress.
Fabric damage caused by contact between the mattress and foundation base. To prevent damage to the mattress cover, place a mattress protector or other insulating material between the mattress and the base - especially in the case of wooden or unfinished metal slats.
Warped Border Wires
Border wires run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation. They may warp due to improper movement or bending of mattress. Prolonged sitting on the edge of your mattress is not recommended as this may cause the border to sag over a period of time.
Incorrect Foundation Use
Mattress damage sustained due to incorrect foundation use. The base or foundation must provide even and adequate support throughout. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching base as part of a total sleep set. The use of a soft, sagging or non-supportive base with excessive gaps between slats or narrow tubing will void this warranty.
Incorrect Slat Positioning
Damage incurred through incorrect slat positioning. Timber slats should be no more than 70mm apart. On double and queen size beds, slats should be a minimum thickness of 35mm or supported by a centre rail.
Damage sustained through incorrect use. DO NOT bend your mattress under any circumstances. DO NOT let anyone stand or jump on your mattress.
A Change of Mind
Your mattress is sold as is. Unfortunately, Furniture For Backs can’t warranty against a change of mind. Make your purchase well considered.
Some of the raw materials used to manufacture mattresses provides for a ‘new’smell. These odours will dissipate very quickly once removed from the packaging material.
Minor Manufacturing Anomalies
This warranty does not cover minor manufacturing anomalies that do not impact the performance of the bed, (eg. mis-stitching on quilting)
Protecting Your Investment
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR MATTRESS
Ensure Proper Installation. Make sure your new mattress and foundation are properly installed. Improper installation can damage your new mattress. Ensure castors for base are screwed in tightly. If you're using a slat base, ensure even spaces with gaps no more than 70mm. Slats need to be strong enough to manage the weight of the mattress with two lying people on top. Peace of mind is achieved with slats that have a strong center support to prevent the mattress from slumping.
Allow to breathe. If you detect a slight “new product” odour, leave the mattress and foundation uncovered and well ventilated for a few hours. A breath of fresh air should do the trick!
Mattress Protectors. (on top) are essential for the longevity of your mattress. Will prevent stains from spills. Purchase a good quality, washable product. A protector or insulator between mattress and slats will protect underneath the mattress surface also.
Mattress Rotations. The upholstered layers of the mattress top require settling. Same applies for the mattress core, whether sprung or latex. The entire mattress initially needs some relatively even compression. Mattress rotation will increase comfort and prolong its life. Mattress should be turned every fortnight for first 3 months and every 3 months thereafter. Do not flip mattresses that are one-sided, rotate only.
Do Not Dry Clean. The chemicals in dry cleaning agents/spot removers may be harmful to the fabric or underlying materials. Vacuuming is the only recommended cleaning method. But if you’re determined to tackle a stain, use mild soap with cold water and apply lightly. Do not ever soak a mattress or foundation.
Do not remove the Law Tag. The law tag will serve as a means of identification and if removed voids your warranty claim, if ever needed.
It’s not a trampoline. Don’t let anyone jump on your mattress. The mattress core and / or base can easily damaged.
Tighten. Base fittings and castors are to be screwed in tightly. Check and re-tighten regularly (3 times a year).
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR BASE
FOLLOW THESE LEG AND CASTOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FOUNDATION.
- Turn foundation or base of bed upside down and insert leg and screw gently into hole and turn clockwise. Repeat for all legs.
- Tighten by hand or spanner until legs are firmly in place. • Turn foundation over back over and re-tighten legs, as tight as possible.
- Re-check legs for tightness every 3 months.
- Important, It is the purchaser's responsibility to tighten the legs and castors to ensure the bed is set up as intended. The warranty is void if this is not performed as recommended.
- For the better performance of your mattress, we strongly recommend the use of an appropriate Manufacturer Foundation, which has been especially designed to work with your mattress or deliver the right support.
- Warning if weight is applied to surface of the platform base (by kneeling, standing, jumping, sitting or leaning) on, you may damage the platform board. This will void your warranty.
- DO dispose of your plastic bags immediately. • DO plan to keep your mattress dry. Protect it from water and other fluids. It is required that a mattress protector be used.
- DO turn your mattress. This should be done every 2 weeks for the first three months, then once every two months after. One sided mattresses should only be turned and not flipped. • DO check your bed legs. This should be done every 6 months.
- Don't ever use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress, chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.
- Don't let anyone stand or jump on your mattress.
- Don't flip one sided mattresses, rotate only.
- Don't attempt to turn/rotate your mattress by yourself, this may cause personal injury or damage to your mattress. Handles are there for positioning your mattress only, not for lifting the full weight of the mattress.
- Don't ever place this mattress near open flames or expose it to fire.
- Do not use the edges of your mattress as a sitting surface, this will cause damage to the springs/foundation.
- Don't bend your mattress under any circumstances. It may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways.
- Don't remove the label off your mattress. This serves as a means of identification to establish your warranty/guarantee. • Don't place a board between your mattress and foundation. Your sleep set is specially designed to provide you with the correct support.
TRANSPORT & INSPECTION CHARGES.
Prior to a Comfort Sleep Bedding representative visiting a customer at home, we require an image of the mattress/base without any bedding linen, highlighting the alleged fault area. The image can be sent via Email, Postal or SMS. (Please contact Comfort Sleep Bedding for contact details).
Comfort Sleep Bedding reserves the right to refuse service or pickup if the product is found to be in an unsanitary condition.
After preliminary inspection, customer service will call to arrange a mutually convenient time to inspect the mattress at the customer's home. Comfort Sleep Bedding reserves the right to charge an upfront call out fee prior to inspection taking place at any stage during the life of the mattress. This fee will be refunded should a manufacturing fault be discovered.
Comfort Sleep Bedding will endeavor to provide the most prompt service possible, however, a daily return service cannot always be guaranteed. Accordingly, Comfort Sleep Bedding does not supply loan mattresses.
If a product is deemed to be faulty by Comfort Sleep Bedding, during the first year after purchase transport charges relating to warranty/guarantee issues will be met by Comfort Sleep Bedding. After the first year, transportation charges will be met by the purchaser. In no case will any transportation charges be accepted without prior approval from Comfort Sleep Bedding.
Availability of identical materials.
Every effort will be made to repair or replace the mattress with the identical materials to those originally used. However, if identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, we reserve the right to substitute materials of equal quality.
PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN MADE MATTRESS
Furniture For Backs Pillow Warranty & Care
All pillows sold by Furniture For Backs are supplied by Therapeutic Pillow Australia and covered by a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
For Return & Refund information, click HERE.
Any surface imperfections from the moulding process that doesn't affect the product’s integrity or performance doesn't constitute a warranty defect. Natural softening with use will also occur & also does not constitute a warranty defect.
Latex Pillow Insert: Washing not reccomended. Dab clean only, warm water (max 40c) mild detergent. Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry. Dry flat in airy location, avoiding direct sunlight and heat. Pillow Cover Inner: Dab clean only, Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry. Latex Pillow Outer Cover: Machine Wash in cold water. Do not bleach. Do not tumble dry. Line dry only.
Foam Discolouration & Air Traps
Please Note: It is also important to keep in mind that by it's nature, latex can have various cosmetic imperfections, variance in colour or discolouration and/or small tears, none of which will affect its performance, quality or durability in any way.
Latex used for pillows is sourced from Malaysia.
Furniture For Backs Chair Warranty & Care
Length of Warranty
Furniture For Backs Computer Chairs all come with a 5 year Warranty on all structural components, and a 1 Year Warranty on Fabric, PU, and Leather.
This warranty is supplied by the manufacturer of the Furniture for Backs computer chairs, and is limited to the original purchaser.
All Furniture For Backs computer chairs are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the periods of time stated above from the original date of purchase or unless otherwise stated.
The manufacturer will at their discretion repair or replace any faulty part or complete item.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Damage from misuse, abuse, improper storage, installation, repair, or alteration.
- The warranty is based on normal use, with the user weighing up to 120kgs, with the exception of the Titan chair which is rated up to 200kg.
To claim on this warranty, please contact Furniture For Backs, or return the defective item with the original sales receipt to the place of purchase.
Any freight charges outside a capital city will be at the expense of the purchaser.
- Vacuum regularly using low suction.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Use only quality fabric upholstery cleaner.
- Do not scrub.
- Do not use wet cloth.
- Dry in shade away from direct sunlight.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before using again.
- Professional cleaning recommended.
- Treat spills and stains as soon as possible.
- Gently scrape any soil or mop any liquid from surface.
- Apply proprietary cleaning agents (strictly according to instructions).
- May be spot cleaned with dry cleaning solvent.
PU / Vinyl Care
- Use a soft clean cloth to regularly wash / wipe your chair.
- Spills must be treated immediately by using a soft damp cloth.
- Simply take the cloth and blot the spills.
- For superficial dirt use a sponge and lukewarm water with a mild soap.
- Dry with a clean cloth before using.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning detergents.
- Protect from sunlight and direct heating sources.
- Do not use solvents, petroleum or alcohol based cleaning agents.
- Avoid sharp objects (buckles, jewellery, keys, pet claws) near your furniture.
- When necessary lightly brush (soft bristles only) or vacuum away dust and grit. Wipe over with a soft, clean, dye fast cloth.
- For spots and spills, wipe excess liquid up immediately with an absorbent cloth or sponge.
For overall cleaning:
- We recommend cleaning every 3-4 months with a reputable leather cleaning brand followed by an application with a reputable leather protector. Always follow directions on packs.
- Accumulation of perspiration and body oils on armrests and headrest, may damage your leather. These areas may require more frequent cleaning.
- Do not expose leather to direct sunlight, intensive heat, outdoor weather or soak unnecessarily. Always avoid excessive hard rubbing.
- Do not dry clean or machine wash.
- Do not use saddle soap, detergents, solvents, abrasives, unidentified leather cleaners, suede cleaners or any other products containing silicon or solvents.
Furniture For Backs 200 Night Mattress Trial
With an online purchase, there is a very high risk of purchasing the wrong mattress.
To remove this risk, we offer a 200 night trial period on our Orthopaedic Ultimate mattress range (Not including custom sized mattresses).
So the risk is now with us.
Within this 200 night mattress trial period, the purchaser has 2 options:
- Request a full refund or,
- Swap to a different mattress option.
Therefore, if you don’t like your mattress, contact us and we’ll organise to have it picked up at no expense to you,
and organise your refund or exchange after we’ve inspected the mattress.
Some Reasonable Terms and conditions:
- The trial begins on the day you take possession of your mattress.
- The trial applies only to the Orthopaedic Ultimate mattress range and excludes all other furniture items including chairs, standing desks or bed bases.
- Initial freight costs associated with a return or exchange is covered by Furniture For Backs.
- Mattress returns or exchanges are to be freighted to our Melbourne showroom.
- The trial is intended to permit customers to evaluate the mattress comfort level.
- A maximum of one mattress return or exchange will be allowed.
- There is no trial period or exchange for the second mattress.
- Exchanges between mattress sizes are not permitted.
- If you are considering a mattress exchange, you will be advised to visit instore (if practical) to select an alternative option.
- If a replacement mattress is more expensive than your original purchase, you will be required to pay the outstanding amount before the replacement mattress can be delivered to your home.
- Returned or exchanged mattresses must be in a state close to its original condition.
- A mattress that is damaged or soiled in any way will not be subject to a return or an exchange.
- In order to qualify for the 100 Night Mattress Trial, purchasers MUST use an industry standard mattress protector for the duration of their trial. Non-compliance will result in not qualifying for the refund or exchange offer. Evidence to suggest a mattress protector was not used will void the purchaser the opportunity to obtain a full refund or exchange.
- The condition of a potential mattress return or exchange is assessed by FFB and the final decision is completely at our discretion. We will provide this decision in writing.
- Monies refunded from a mattress return are issued within 14 working days after the mattress has been returned and an approval made following the inspection process.
Contact us on 1300 109 007 to discuss concern.
You'll be asked to provide proof of purchase.
A photo of your mattress is required to help our team assess the state of your mattress.
A Furniture For Backs driver is sent out to inspect the mattress condition onsite, prior to accepting the
- A structurally sound bedframe/base is essential to the performance and comfort of your
mattress. The mattress must be used on an appropriate bedframe/base. Solid timber slats
should be no more than 8cm apart. Failure to use a suitable bedframe/base will result in your
100 Night Mattress Trial being voided and the mattress unable to be exchanged.