Below is a list of basic criteria to utilise in determining whether you require replacing your current computer chair.
- The chair does not appear to support you properly
- The chair is uncomfortable
- You're experiencing symptoms when sitting such as headache, neck or low back pain
- Your body is undergoing postural changes: e.g. Shoulders rounding and/or mid back hunching
- The seat pan or backrest is the incorrect size, that is, too small or large
- Your weekly seating hours have increased dramatically and the chair is not advanced enough
- The chair is broken or too old
- The chair is not adjustable enough.
If you are experiencing any of the above, then make it a priority to buy a new chair. Don’t risk permanent damage!